Voter Registration Info
Eligibility and Registration Information
Eligibility to vote
To be eligible to vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 18 years old on election day.
- Be a resident of the county.
- Not be a convicted felon, unless your sentence is
complete (including any probation or parole).
- Not be declared mentally incapacitated by a
court of law.
How to Register to Vote
When to Register to Vote
When to Register:
How to Keep Voter Registration Up to Date:
- Applications are accepted at any time.
- Dallas League of Women Voters volunteers who have been deputized by Dallas County can register new voters. Look out for our voter registration drives, when volunteer deputy registrars come to schools and stores to register new voters.
-1/16 Saturday 10-7 at Half Price Books on Northwest Highway
-1/17 Sunday 10-4 at Half Price Books on Northwest Highway
-1/18 Monday Martin Luther King Day 10-4 at Half Price Books on Northwest Highway
Later January 2016 dates at Half Price Books have been cancelled.
- You must register 30 days prior to the day of the
election in which you wish to vote.
- Always vote.
- When you move within the county or change
your name, request a change form from county
- If you move out of county, you must re-register
with the county of your new residence.
- Address change must be completed 30 days prior
to Election Day.
- You may return to your former precinct to vote
for 90 days after a move.